Pronature dog food is presented in three classes at once: premium, super-premium and holistic. The manufacturer and the official website provide the buyer with the following information: formulations, recommended feeding rates. Highlight the main advantages and disadvantages of Pronature feed
Manufacturer and official website
Manufacturer and official website (//www.pronature.ca/en-ca/) presents feeds produced in Canada. The manufacturer company (PLB International Inc.) claims to have one of the widest assortment of prepared animal feeds, presented in three classes at once - from premium to holistic.
"PLB International Inc." is a family business company since 1969. It is encouraged that Pronature feeds are sought after in 35 countries and have a good reputation among pet owners.
Pronature Feed Range
The Pronature feed range is divided into three lines:
Each line differs in class and composition. The manufacturer claims that among the Pronature feeds there is a suitable diet for the dog with any needs.
The main advantages of the Pronature Life line:
- Feed does not contain wheat, soy, corn.
- The feed contains at least 63% of animal protein.
- Each feed has an additional meat supplement.
The range of the Pronature Life line:
- FIT >> GREEN + - daily chicken feed for dogs of all ages and breeds.
- INFINITI >> BERRIES + - daily salmon feed for dogs of all ages and breeds.
- CHILL >> HARMONY + - daily turkey food for dogs of all ages and breeds.
As you can see, the name of the Life line has a direct meaning. Foods are intended for daily (lifelong) feeding. The assortment is narrow, the feed is almost similar in composition, differ only in the main meat ingredient.
The main advantages of the Pronature Holistic line:
- The formula is "satiety" - the food is developed taking into account the tendency of dogs to overeat. The granules practically do not swell in the liquid, so the dog immediately feels full.
- There are no cereals in the composition.
- Mono-composition - feed is made from a small number of quality ingredients.
- All diets are everyday for dogs of any age.
Pronature Holistic daily diets are designed for small / medium and medium / large breeds:
- NORDIKÖ - feed with poultry and turkey meat.
- MEDITERRANEA - feed with fishmeal and salmon.
- ASIATÒ - food with fishmeal and whitefish.
Special rations Pronature Holistic
- CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATO - food with chicken and sweet potatoes (sweet potato) for puppies of all breeds.
- ATLANTIC SALMON & BROWN RICE - food with brown rice and salmon. The diet supports healthy skin and coat, suitable for adult dogs of all breeds.
- DUCK À L'ORANGE is a grain-free duck meat feed for adult dogs of all breeds.
- TURKEY & CRANBERRIES - turkey and cranberry food. The diet supports the body tone for dogs of all breeds.
- OCEANIC WHITE FISH & WILD RICE - feed with wild rice and white fish. Diet for dogs with a low degree of activity and / or elderly dogs.
Not a wide, but substantial range, which the manufacturer presents as a holistic class. Unfortunately, when considering guaranteed indicators, it turns out that the nutritional value of some diets is at the super-premium level.
The main advantages of the Pronature Original line:
- Diets have a beneficial effect on the condition of the skin and coat.
- The composition includes beneficial substances that have a beneficial effect on the functioning of the nervous system and brain.
The range of the Pronature Original line:
- CHICKEN WITH OATMEAL RECIPE - four types of food with chicken and oatmeal: for puppies, for adult dogs, for adult dogs of large breeds and for older dogs.
- LAMB WITH PEAS & BARLEY RECIPE - adult dog food with lamb, peas and barley.
Pronature Original feeds are premium. The popularity of this line is the lowest, since the products have a relatively high price.
Pronature Feed Composition
Let’s look at the Pronature food composition using the example of everyday food for medium and / or large dogs NORDIKÖ ALL LIFE STAGES. Main advantages from the presentation of the manufacturer:
- Environmentally friendly raw materials.
- Prevention of overeating.
- High eatability - bright taste and aroma.
- Does not contain cereals.
- Mono-composition - a small amount of high-quality ingredients.
- Nervous System Health - Food contains DHA.
- Poultry is the first "oddity." There must be no inaccurate formulations in the feed of the holistic class. Which bird meat? Fillet, meat with bones or cartilage, offal? The origin and quality of the first, main ingredient of the composition is unknown - this is a big minus.
- Turkey is a good source of animal protein, but the percentage is unknown.
- Lentils - a quality substitute for cereals.
- Sweet potatoes (sweet potato) are the main source of carbohydrates.
- Bird oil (canned with mixed tocopherols and citric acid) is the main source of animal fats, fatty amino acids. Pleases with a natural preservative.
- Alfalfa dried in oil is a source of vitamins and coarse fibers.
- Natural flavoring - again, what flavoring? Bouillon? Powder? Flour?
- Flaxseed is a common supplement that has a beneficial effect on the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Fish oil (menhaden) is a source of vitamins and minerals.
- Cranberries, apples, carrots are sources of coarse fiber and vitamins.
- Dried seaweed is a rich source of trace elements and antioxidants.
- Salt is a preservative that should not be used in a holistic class feed.
- Cabbage is an additional source of coarse fiber.
- Thyme, sage - a mixture of herbs, a source of vitamins.
- Blueberries are a source of vitamins and antioxidants.
- Maitake mushroom, yucca shidiger extract, dried papaya, rosemary extract.
So, the composition has a lot of unpleasant questions. Judging only by the composition (not taking into account the guaranteed indicators), the feed should be attributed to the premium class. There are too many inaccuracies and hidden information. In addition, the composition of this length and "quality" can not be called "mono".
- Calcium carbonate.
- Ferrous sulfate.
- Zinc oxide
- Manganese oxide
- Zinc proteinate.
- Manganese Protein
- Sodium Selenite
- Protein of copper.
- Calcium Iodate
- Calcium - 1.1%.
- Phosphorus - 0.85%.
- Sodium - 0.28%.
- Alpha-tocopherol acetate is a preservative, also known as vitamin E.
- A nicotinic acid.
- Pantothenate d-calcium.
- A - 22000 IU / kg.
- D 3 - 1800 IU / kg.
- Thiamine mononitrate.
- Pyridoxine hydrochloride.
- B 12.
- Folic acid.
- Choline Chloride.
- Monosodium Phosphate.
- Taurine - 0.3%.
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 0.08%.
And again, questions arise. There is a list of additives, and how many of them in the feed are unknown (with the exception of a few). A simple listing is absolutely not informative for a potential buyer.
To consider the guaranteed analysis, we take as a basis the generally accepted norms of the holistic class:
- Proteins 30% - below the norm in 32%.
- Fats 20% - significantly higher than the norm in 15%.
- Fiber (fiber) 4.5% - slightly higher than the norm at 4%.
- Moisture of 10% is higher than the norm of 8%, which makes the feed heavier and more expensive. However, in the presentation, the manufacturer openly says that the granules do not swell in water, this implies increased humidity.
- Calories 379 kcal per 100 g. - below the norm of 400-450 kcal per 100 g.
As you can see, according to the guaranteed indicators, the feed does not reach the holistic class. In addition, the feed has a significantly increased fat content, due to which the calorie content is “tightened”.
The advantages and disadvantages of Pronature feed
Having considered the assortment and composition, we can highlight the advantages and disadvantages of Pronature feed by line.
Let's start with the advantages of the Pronature Life line:
- At the heart of the feed are animal proteins.
- Adequate vitamin and mineral supplement.
- Relatively competitive price.
The disadvantages of the Pronature Life line:
- Narrow assortment.
- Difficult to buy - not common.
- The origin of the meat ingredients is not known - inaccurate formulation formulations.
- Preservative unknown.
The advantages of the Pronature Original line:
- The basis of the feed is animal protein.
- Natural preservative.
- Available for purchase - distributed.
The disadvantages of the Pronature Original line:
- The percentage of ingredients, even basic ones, is not indicated.
- The compositions have corn.
The advantages of the Pronature Holistic line:
- There is a grainless line.
- The basis of feed is meat ingredients.
- There is no corn or wheat in the diets.
- Natural preservative.
- It contains antioxidants.
The disadvantages of the Pronature Holistic line:
- Unclear wording in the composition.
- Unknown origin of flavorings.
- The percentage of even basic ingredients is not indicated.
- Relatively high price.
- Food can be classified as super-premium, it does not reach the holistic.
It is interesting, but if you conduct a parallel analysis of feed from three lines, there are several patterns in additives and the method of compiling a diet. By and large, the Life and Holistic lines are similar in composition quality.
Pronature Feed Findings
The findings on Pronature feed are mixed. The dog owner does not have as much choice as the manufacturer claims. After studying the composition, too many doubts and questions arise. There are few reviews about Pronature feeds and they are all “mediocre” at the “normal feed” level. Given the price of products, such characteristics seem insufficient.